Friday, November 7, 2008

A Healthy Drink on the Road

When I travel I am always on the look out for a refreshing drink that doesn’t make me drowsy (from too much sugar), but also isn’t super-hyped with caffeine. As my son likes to tell me, “Mom, you can’t hold your caffeine.” This is very true. I am a lightweight when it comes to caffeine. If I drink a decaf coffee after dinner (which I am only tempted to do when I am dining out, which is more often when I am traveling) I will be awake until 5 in the morning. So I must forfeit, having learned from harsh experience - such is the sad life of a decaf-cappuccino deprived, late-night diner.

Some kind of herbal tea is all that I can substitute for my post-dinner café, but while I am on the road, or walking through cities, I have found the perfect beverage for reviving me sans sugar and caffeine.

Brain Toniq is made with carbonated water, organic Agave nectar, and five "super" nutrients: Choline, Eleutherococcus (Siberian Ginseng), Rodiola Rosea, DMAE, and Blue-Green Algae. Personally I find Agave nectar, touted as being low-glycemic, to be true to its word. I do not get the sugar-grogg with Agave, but it satisfies the taste buds. You might think that with the list of ingredients that Brain Toniq would taste tres-revolting, but on the contrary, it is delicious and refreshing.

Brain Toniq is available on the web or at health food stores around the country, although presently not in Vermont or New Hampshire -- I discovered it while traveling.

Brain Toniq - www.braintoniq.com

No comments: